WSET Level 1 Award in Wines
Wine and Spirit Education Trust provides an opportunity to gain a world-recognized diplomas intended for
professional wine world as well as enthusiasts.
Belgrade Wine School is certified WSET Approved Programme Provider and offers you the opportunity to
study Course Level 1 Award in Wines.
The dates of the start of this course you can choose the side.
Who is it for WSET Level 1 Award in Wines?
• WSET Level 1 Award in Wines provides elementary theoretical knowledge about the products and skills in
the sector of wine services and sales, the ideal preparation for people who want to acquire their first
experience in the hospitality or sales.
• This course is also a good introduction for all wine lovers who want to improve their knowledge through
organized and systematic program aimed for beginners. Training covers the following segments: recognizing
the style of wine, practical storage and wine service, wine and food pairing.
No experience is needed to apply for this course!
• Wine tasting: wine tasting and description with the WSET® Systematic Approach of Tasting
• Wine and food pairing: a theoretical guide to the elements that affect the proper wine and food matching
• Serving and storing wine: learn what is the optimal way to serve and preserve wines, also how to identify
the most common faults and defects of wine.
• Social responsibility and moderate alcohol consumption.
• The type and style of wine: discern the factors that change the character of a wine.
• Grape varieties, learn the characteristics and styles of the wines produced from the most common grape
• The main white grape varieties: Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling
• The main black grape varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Syrah / Shiraz
• White wines: Pinot Grigio, Muscadet, Sancerre, Chablis, Sauternes
• Red wines Claret, Beaujolais, Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Rioja, Chianti
• The number of wine tasted: 12 wines are part of this course.
• Literature: students receive a Certificate Foundation Study Guide which is in English
• Course duration: 3 courses of 2 hours duration + final exam
• Exam: 30 multiple-choice questions in English that must be answered within 45 min. 70% of good
answers is minimum for the succesful exam. Before the exam, each student must have an identity card or
passport with him.
• Diploma: All students who pass will receive an official certificate from WSET.
Cost: 25.000 RSD + VAT (20%)
Reexamination is possible for students registered at Wset school and who did not passed the test.
Students from other WSET course providers (Apps) can also attend re-examinations in Belgrade Wine School.
These reservations and requests should be addressed directly to the approval of the organizer.
All students must be 18 years or older at time of booking. Note that performing the exam is subject to availability and additional costs. To book a re-test you must complete the appropriate form and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Price of exam resit
Level 1 and Wines
Exam price is 10.000 RSD + VAT
For available dates of exam contact: email@example.com
All exams and handled by WSET Awards, which is a separate body in the WSET London School.
Below is a description of the waiting period results. If the period is below expired and the students have not yet received the results of the contact student services at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
WSET Level 1 and Level 2 I Wines and Wine and Spirits.
The results will last up to 4 weeks from the date of the examination